Selenium does not need an introduction as it has already earned the reputation as the most widely used test automation tool in the world. As the demand for selenium experts has increased, the selenium training courses also experienced a great demand.
One needs to learn any of the programming languages supported by Selenium to work with it. In other words, only those with knowledge of any programming language can learn Selenium. This bars many non-programmers from learning selenium and proceed with a career in selenium testing. In order to overcome this hurdle, many trainers have come up with selenium tutorial which teaches any one of the programming languages also. Selenium Java tutorial, selenium training with C# etc are such courses.
Among such courses, Selenium training with java is the most popular and as most numbers of students are joining this course. There are many reasons for it and some of them are given below.
- About 80% of the selenium experts across the globe are using Java as programming language while working with Selenium and hence it is very easy to get technical support from the community.
- Java is highly user-friendly and the tests can be run faster.
- Selenium itself is written in java and hence java will be more comfortable to work with Selenium.
Although the courses such as Selenium with Java are aimed at non-programmers, many professionals who are proficient in other languages prefer this course as it will help them learn another programming language. In a job market, where hectic competition is prevailing, knowledge of another language will certainly give them the advantage.
In such courses, the selenium videos provided as study materials will include lessons of concerned languages too. Even the same language will be used in selenium live project training which is a part of the course.
The contents of the course may differ slightly depending on the preferences of the trainers but most of the professional trainers are following the below-given pattern.
- Selenium IDE Basics
- Eclipse, JUnit, Selenium RC, ANT
- Basics of Core Java and JUnit using Selenium Server (Remote Control)
- Selenium Data-Driven Framework-1 with core Java programming and JUnit annotations
- Selenium Data-Driven Framework-2
- Keyword-Driven Framework-1
- Selenium WebDriver Overview
- Keyword-Driven Framework-2 using Selenium WebDriver
- Hybrid Framework using WebDriver
- AJAX, Dynamic Pages, Window Alerts, Pop-Ups
- Selenium GRID, TESTNG framework implementation, ANT Build
- Selenium Database Testing
- Selenium Interview Preparation and Resume
- Selenium SVN and Maven
- Selenium Integration with Jenkins