Selenium is the most widely used test automation tool for testing web based applications and there is a huge demand for Selenium experts now. Many tutorials have come up to provide efficient and professional training on selenium testing. Most of them are online tutorials and they provide Selenium videos as study materials. Along with that, these tutorials provide Selenium Interview questions and answers which contains the entire subject in simple question and answer formats.
Here we are covering latest selenium interview questions and answers. They are also the most frequently asked selenium interview questions.
1. What is Automation Testing?
Testing of a software application using a test automation tool to find out defects if any is called as automation testing. Here the testing will be performed by test automation tools. Execution of test scripts and generation of results will be done automatically by these tools. Selenium, HP UFT etc are some of the very popular test automation tools.
2. What are the benefits of Automation Testing?
There are many advantages for Test automation over manual testing and some of them are as given below.
- It executes the tests faster and hence save a lot of time.
- Codes are reusable and hence multiple tests can be executed with the same set of code with less or no maintenance.
- Reports will be generated automatically after the completion of execution of tests and hence the reporting will be easier.
- Compatibility testing is easier as it allows parallel execution of tests in different combinations of OS and browsers
- It is cheaper than manual testing in the longer run as it needs lesser maintenance.
- It is more reliable and accurate as the chances for human errors are less or nil when compared to manual testing.
- It supports repetition of same tests and is advisable for regression tests.
- Less manual involvement is required and test scripts can be run unattended.
- It helps to increase the test coverage to a great extent.
3. What type of tests you can automate?
Main object is to automate the test scripts for regression testing, smoke testing and sanity testing. At some occasions, based on the nature of the project and the time limit allowed to complete the test other types of testings can also be automated.
4. What is a Framework?
A set of rules or guidelines or best practices which should be followed to achieve the desired result is called as a framework. There are different types of testing frameworks but the most common ones are Data driven testing framework, Keyword driven Testing framework and Hybrid framework.
5. What is Selenium?
Selenium is an open source and free test automation suite to test web based applications. It supports multiple programming languages and it is compatible with different operating systems and browsers. Selenium is a set of testing tools which has different approaches towards testing web based applications.
Selenium testing suite is comprised of four components and they are Selenium Integrated development environment or Selenium IDE, Selenium Remote Control or Selenium RC, Selenium Webdriver and Selenium Grid.
6. Which all are the types of webdriver APIs available in Selenium?
Ten different types of webdriver APIs are available in Selenium and they are;
- Firefox Driver
- Gecko Driver
- Internet Explorer Driver
- HTML Driver
- Safari Driver
- Android Driver
- iPhone Driver
7. What are the programming languages that are supported by Selenium?
Selenium supports multiple programming languages and they are;
8. What are the Operating Systems supported by Selenium Webdriver?
Selenium supports multiple operating systems and they are;
9. What are the open source frameworks supported by Selenium Webdriver?
Selenium webdriver supports JUnit and TestNG. Both are open source frameworks.
10. What are the Locators Available in Selenium?
Different Types of locators are available in Selenium and they are as follows
- Class Name
- Target Name
- Link Text
- Partial Link TExt
- CSS Selector